Long Beach Theatre Guild will offer a special
Sensory-Friendly Performance on Sunday Nov 21 at 2 PM*
What is a Sensory-Friendly Performance?
At Sensory-Friendly Performances, accommodations will include:
· Lower sound and light levels; all strobe light effects removed.
· House lights on at a low level throughout the performance.
· Audience members are welcome to stand, move around, and enter and leave the theatre as needed.
· An Activities Area with crafts and activities for engagement.
· Designated quiet and calm spaces.
· Autism specialists and trained volunteers on hand.
· Sensory supports available (fidgets, earplugs).
· Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, headphones, electronics, special snacks, and other support items to the show.
If you know of anyone or any groups who would be interested in this, please email Ms. Nancy Goldstein at LBTheatreGuild@optonline.net
*The November 21 performance is made possible, in part, with funds from the Decentralization Program, a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature and is administered by The Huntington Arts Council, Inc.